CLICK ON THE TOPIC BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- VDH Information on Temporary Food Establishments
- Concessions Information
- To see availability or to make a reservation:
- Frequently Asked Private Event Rental Questions
SPECIAL EVENT PERMIT:
- A minimum of 30 days notice is required for all rentals however, rentals with more than 50+ should consider making a reservation more than 30 days in advance to allow time for Departmental and Sherriff Office approvals.
- Per County Ordinance: A $150.00 Special Event Permit is required for rentals of 50+
- Large Public Events in Parks, Car Shows, Reunions, Etc: (See Rental Application for Complete Information)
- Applicant may be required to provide the County with a certificate of inspection and a certificate of general liability insurance in the amount of at least $1,000,000 combined single limit liability coverage naming Charles City County, Virginia as an “additional insured.” Certificate must be provided within 30 days of the rental date.
- The Park grounds at Harrison Park always remain locked. Individuals wishing to have the chains unlocked for their rental must indicate this request at the time of rental. In addition, entities will be responsible for covering personnel costs for the entire time the gates remain unlocked. A minimum of two hours is required for personnel.
- Charles City County Sheriff's Office:
- Charles City County Sheriff’s office conducts security for public event rental requests on County property AND for private rental requests when the request made is for events serving alcohol and for events hosted for anyone under the age of (21) not serving alcohol or at the direction of the Recreation Director.
- When required by Charles City County to use deputy personnel from the Sheriff's Office, you will be charged a fee of $35.00 per deputy per hour for a minimum of 3 hours. Deputy hours are contracted 30 minutes prior to the event, the entire event time, and 30 minutes after the conclusion of the event. The number of deputy’s contracted is based on event information and logistics.
- For rental information, general rules and regulations, Event Information sheet, ABC License Information, Sheriff Form, & Special Event Permit Information:
GRAND BANQUET ROOM:
- The Social Center's Grand Banquet Room can accommodate up to 300 guests.
- The number of seated guests depends on the layout chosen by the renter. Each table can fit up to 8 chairs.
- Available for use: (22) 8-ft long rectangular tables, (35) 60-inch round tables, (2) 6-ft long foldable rectangular tables, (300) banquet chairs.
CREATE YOUR CIVICREC ACCOUNT NOW!
To register for a class/program or to make a Rental Reservations or Check Availability for a Park, Pavilion, Banquet Space: (Click Here - CIVIC REC)